• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ESX/vSphere reference books

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> General >> ESX/vSphere reference books Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ESX/vSphere reference books - 11.May2011 9:14:32 AM   
jedi613

Hello,

I am looking at some of the discusstions and  book reviews for a good reference book for the ESX 4.1/vSphere.

I have been looking about and found two titles that seem to fit the build.  I would like to hear if people have a preference or perhaps another suggestion.

I would be consider a (jr. woodchuck) for ESX  as most of my work has been with physical windows servers, so wanting to get good habbits and a good reference book to get the core basics as well as something that would be good for a general reference for later.

VMware ESX and ESXi in the Enterprise: Planning Deployment of Virtualization Servers  http://www.amazon.ca/VMware-ESX-ESXi-Enterprise-Virtualization/dp/0137058977/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305117059&sr=1-1
or
Mastering VMware vSphere 4  http://www.amazon.ca/Mastering-VMware-vSphere-Scott-Lowe/dp/0470481382/ref=pd_sim_b_4

Both seem to be good reference books, any thoughts on these books or perhaps another I had missed.

Thank you for your input.

Adam
Post #: 1
RE: ESX/vSphere reference books - 12.May2011 11:25:28 PM   
Scott Lowe

Adam,

I am not the Scott Lowe that wrote the Mastering VMware vSphere 4 book, but I do know him and also own the book in question.

In a few words: It's an absolutely fantastic book! Scott knows this stuff inside and out and does a great job explaining the complex details in ways that folks from across the experience spectrum can understand. If you're in the market for only one book, that's the one to get.

Scott

(in reply to jedi613)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> General >> ESX/vSphere reference books Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!