• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISCSI & VHD ?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> Storage Management >> ISCSI & VHD ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISCSI & VHD ? - 9.May2011 10:47:32 AM   
rwhite909

We have an Equal logic SAN and are playing around with Hyper-V. Which of the following setups is the correct way to configure a LUN for the virtual machine?

Setup the LUN & ISCSI connection on the host operating system. Then create a VHD and connect it to the virtual machine.

Or

Setup the LUN & ISCSI connection on the guest operating system.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: ISCSI & VHD ? - 23.May2011 12:51:07 AM   
Scott Lowe

Create the LUN and connect to it at the Hyper-V host level, not from within an individual virtual machine. Then, simply use that iSCSI LUN as a typical storage area for new virtual machines, just like you would if it was direct-attached storage.

Scott

(in reply to rwhite909)
Post #: 2
RE: ISCSI & VHD ? - 23.May2011 12:52:24 AM   
Scott Lowe

By the way, congrats on the EqualLogic SAN purchase! I had one of their devices (before they were bought by Dell) at an old job and they're fantastic! Extremely easy to use and at the time support was incredible. You'll be in good hands.

Scott

(in reply to rwhite909)
Post #: 3
RE: ISCSI & VHD ? - 28.Oct.2011 12:05:24 AM   
Scott Lowe

Were you able to get your EqualLogic SAN up and running? What do you think of it?

Scott

(in reply to rwhite909)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> Storage Management >> ISCSI & VHD ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!