• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free TechNet subscription

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> Training & Certification >> Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free TechNet subscription Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free Tec... - 28.Feb.2011 10:32:16 PM   
Scott Lowe

This is pretty significant... starting March 1, 2011 an ending June 30, 2011, pass any virtualization exam and you will receive a complimentary TechNet Subscription.

First 1,000 subscribers only. Registration is required.

For more information, visit the program site.
Post #: 1
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 1.Jul.2011 12:33:26 AM   
Scott Lowe

Well... June 30 is here! Microsoft's offer is officially over. Did anyone from virtualizationadmin.com get a free TechNet membership?

Scott

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 2
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 20.Oct.2011 1:10:40 PM   
jack0c

Is that Microsoft deal still active that still active?

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 3
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 20.Oct.2011 11:20:58 PM   
atc

Where can I get more information about the Microsoft Virtualization Exam?

(in reply to jack0c)
Post #: 4
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 20.Oct.2011 11:22:42 PM   
atc

Oh I ask the question too fast.

Found this on another post:http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-virtualization.aspx)

(in reply to atc)
Post #: 5
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 21.Oct.2011 11:11:24 AM   
jack0c

That link is not active.

(in reply to atc)
Post #: 6
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 21.Oct.2011 3:29:12 PM   
atc

No I am just want to know more about Microsoft certification see what knowledge is needed.

Thanks.

(in reply to jack0c)
Post #: 7
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 25.Oct.2011 1:13:32 PM   
jack0c

You can take the VMware certifications as well. https://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/training.html

(in reply to atc)
Post #: 8
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 25.Oct.2011 1:49:04 PM   
atc

It seen that the trend is Datacenter is deploying their hypervisor from more than one vendor so I am thinking what kind of knowledge Microsoft's virtualization certification is required. 

For VCP there it is the exam blueprint to outline the necessary skill/knowledge.

Thanks and have a nice day.

(in reply to jack0c)
Post #: 9
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 27.Oct.2011 4:35:10 PM   
atc

See this today:

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/102711-microsoft-hyperv-252460.html?source=NWWNLE_nlt_daily_pm_2011-10-27

So it is good to know about Microsoft's virtualization. :)

(in reply to atc)
Post #: 10
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 28.Oct.2011 12:04:19 AM   
Scott Lowe

I kind of cringe when I see Microsoft put out statements that they're going to leapfrog the competition. In some ways, they may do things differently but I doubt that Hyper-V 3.0 will be VMware's death knell. That said, I do fully expect Hyper-V 3.0 to be a "good enough" solution for many, many organizations that may not need everything offered by VMware. In that respect, I do see Hyper-V 3.o challenging VMware.

Scott

(in reply to atc)
Post #: 11
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 28.Oct.2011 1:44:41 PM   
atc

Scott,

Thanks for your insight.  I have 2 of your books and once I am done with my VCP 4, I am going to get your vSphere 5 book also.

Just wanted to keep the skill set current to the industry trend so that I can be kept employed.

Have a nice weekend.

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 12
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 30.Oct.2011 11:01:20 PM   
Scott Lowe

atc -

I wish I could take the credit for the books you mentioned, but I've not written vSphere books... there is another Scott Lowe out there that also writes about virtualization. I've written Exchange 2007, SBS 2008 and Home Networking books, but no vSphere books.

The two of us get confused for the other all the time!

Scott

(in reply to atc)
Post #: 13
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 31.Oct.2011 12:18:53 AM   
atc

I see but thanks for you insightful comments in the forum. :)

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 14
RE: Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free... - 28.Nov.2011 1:10:59 AM   
Scott Lowe

No problem! I hope all is well.

(in reply to atc)
Post #: 15

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> Training & Certification >> Pass a Microsoft virtualization exam and get a free TechNet subscription Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!