• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SCVMM Self Serve Portal - multiple authentication requests when connecting to a VM

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> General >> SCVMM Self Serve Portal - multiple authentication requests when connecting to a VM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SCVMM Self Serve Portal - multiple authentication reque... - 2.Feb.2010 5:50:23 AM   
garry

Hello there,

I have successfully deployed SCVMM and find it a great tool for myself as an admin but also the portal will be very useful for our users.

The issue we're having is when successfully logged into the portal and clicking 'connect to VM' depending on what VMRC authentication is configured on the host (automatic / NTLM / Kerberos) we get a login box. For what its worth, when set to Kerberos, it always fails with 'authentication failure' Automatic tries Kerberos, fails then defaults to NTLM which works.

I'm assuming this is slowing down the connection to the VM firstly by trying the different authentication methods and secondly by prompting for the password every time. Even when we select to remember the password we are prompted every time.

We do not have to enter the password when we connect directly to the virtual server management page http://servername:1024. When set to Kerberos and connecting through the management page we see the following:

"The user "LAB05\Administrator" at Internet address x.x.x.x established a new connection to the VMRC server using Kerberos authentication"

So Kerberos does appear to be working at some level.

Can anyone give me any guidance at all? Being prompted for credentials every time a user connects is pretty much a deal breaker for rolling this out to our users.

Many thanks in advance,

Garry

EDIT - this does not happen when connectiing to a VM on our HyperV servers - only Virtual Server 2005

< Message edited by garry -- 2.Feb.2010 6:27:40 AM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> General >> SCVMM Self Serve Portal - multiple authentication requests when connecting to a VM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!