• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VCE coalition & VMware View 4.5

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General Virtualization Topics] >> Desktop Virtualization >> VCE coalition & VMware View 4.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VCE coalition & VMware View 4.5 - 30.Nov.2010 2:51:42 AM   
Scott Lowe

In mid-November, the VCE coalition released a document entitled Vblock Powered Solutions for VMware View 4.5 Reference Architecture. This document describes a Vblock 1 srchitecture enabled by Unified Storage solution on VMware View 4.5. (Vblock 1 enabled by Unified Storage, hereinafter referred to as Vblock 1.) This solution comprises Cisco’s Unified Computing System, EMC’s Vblock 1 storage (EMC Celerra NS-960), VMware vSphere 4.1, and VMware View 4.5, for managing virtual desktops.

In short, it's a pre-architected, fully-supported solution that can be dropped into a data center to quickly enable the provisioning and deployment of VMware View-based virtual desktops.

According to the reference document, the VMware View on Vblock 1 solution allows you to:
Consolidate the desktop environment into one infrastructure behind the firewall making it easy to update the operating system, patch applications, ensure compliance, perform application migrations, and provide support from a central location. You can deliver a consistent user experience for employees, whether they are at corporate locations, conducting travel, or located in a remote office. Using this solution, you will spend less time reacting to regulatory compliance and security issues and more time adding value to your business.
Simplify the desktop environment with pre-integrated, validated units of infrastructure providing virtualized compute, network, and storage resources. With validated configurations, you can significantly reduce the time spent on test and development, generating significant cost avoidance. At the same time, your time to production, and therefore to revenue generation, is accelerated.
Post #: 1
RE: VCE coalition & VMware View 4.5 - 12.Jan.2012 2:31:05 PM   
mountainman

Virtual Compute Environment (VCE) is also called as Acadia. i heared that VCE retains dedicated staff in the US, rather than the independent companies that make up the venture. Is that true?

Dell Virtualization is used to centralize administrative tasks, improve scalability and work loads. Dell Server Virtualization | Dell cloud storage

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 2
RE: VCE coalition & VMware View 4.5 - 28.Jan.2012 6:10:14 PM   
Scott Lowe

Yes it is... the coalition employs people directly in order to keep the red tape to a minimum and provide direct support.

Scott

(in reply to mountainman)
Post #: 3
RE: VCE coalition & VMware View 4.5 - 25.Aug.2014 2:09:06 AM   
alicegreen

Good review...thanks.

water treatment
http://www.freewatertreatment.com

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [General Virtualization Topics] >> Desktop Virtualization >> VCE coalition & VMware View 4.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!