• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

lost network connection in hyper-v

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> General >> lost network connection in hyper-v Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
lost network connection in hyper-v - 7.Jul.2012 3:05:23 AM   
dead

i am running 12 vms on hyper-v and one of the vms is my router... randomly i lost connection to the router and could not ping it from internet and the lan but i can ping it from the host machine !
Post #: 1
RE: lost network connection in hyper-v - 31.Jul.2012 11:19:46 PM   
Scott Lowe

I've had similar problems in the past. Make sure that whatever DNS server you're using is accessible. Also, make sure that your virtual networks are set up properly. If they're not, you'll have this problem. Like you, I use a router VM in Hyper-V.

Sometimes, disabling/renabling the NIC works, but in any event, run through your Hyper-V network settings to make sure that default gateways, etc, are set up properly.

Scott

(in reply to dead)
Post #: 2
RE: lost network connection in hyper-v - 1.Aug.2012 12:01:51 AM   
dead

all of them are working fine, recently i found this error in the event viewwer.. i guess this might be the cause

... was reset because an unrecoverable error occurred on a virtual processor that caused a triple fault.
EVENT ID: 18560

i do not have any power rule and the server is on high performance !!

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 3
RE: lost network connection in hyper-v - 29.Sep.2012 10:18:04 PM   
Scott Lowe

Dead,

Were you able to find a resolution to your problem?

Scott

(in reply to dead)
Post #: 4
RE: lost network connection in hyper-v - 30.Sep.2012 12:12:14 AM   
dead

hi
not yet ! only changing the power option to high performence caused the error to show up less than before !! i have some linux vm which for those i only have to restart them time to time... if not i lost acces to them !!
how'bout u any progress ?

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 5
RE: lost network connection in hyper-v - 30.Sep.2012 12:37:54 PM   
Scott Lowe

I haven't changed anything, but haven't had any problems in a while, fortunately. If I run across something I'll let you know.

Scott

(in reply to dead)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> General >> lost network connection in hyper-v Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!