• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cannot connect to VM through SSP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> General >> Cannot connect to VM through SSP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot connect to VM through SSP - 8.Aug.2011 7:22:14 AM   
tjmoss69

Hi

I recently configured a SCVMM environment on a single HP server.

Installed: WIN2K8 R2 x64 / SQL 2008 R2 / SCVMM 2008 R2 / SCVMM Admin Console & VMMSSP

Promoted Server to DC, added all the required roles etc. etc.

When I attempt to access the VM I have configured directly from the server using the SSP, I can connect to the VM.

When I use my laptop, which is on the same network, to connect to the VM using SSP, I get:

VIRTUAL MACHINE MANAGER FAILED TO CONNECT TO THE VIRTUAL MACHINE BECAUSE OF A SOCKET CONNECTION ERROR. CHECK THE FIREWALL AND NETWORK SETTINGS, AND THEN TRY TO CONNECT AGAIN.

At first I thought this was a DNS issue but I have set the DNS server to be my router on all devices.

I will be grateful if someone can assist?

Many thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot connect to VM through SSP - 3.Nov.2011 2:46:32 AM   
kathiny

Hi,

Connect to virtual Machines will not work on XP SP2. If you are using XP SP2, then please upgrade it to XP SP3.

If you have any older version of Virtual Machine manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 or 2.0 SP1 Client, then please uninstall it from "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" and Try to connect to Virtual Machine again.

If you are still facing the issues, then please try to connect to Virtual machines from another XP SP3 machine and see if that works.

Also see if there are any error messages in the VMMSSPweb log or VMMSSPService log files available in installtion folder and Event logs in the Event Viewer on the Server Component under "Application and Services logs->Microsoft->Virtual Machine Manager SSP".

See this article gave me great feeling, it is worth to study, if you have time can also see my articles, thank you!
ip network camera

(in reply to tjmoss69)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot connect to VM through SSP - 22.Jan.2012 12:59:04 AM   
jrose

nice post.

(in reply to tjmoss69)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot connect to VM through SSP - 22.Jan.2012 1:00:04 AM   
jrose

(in reply to jrose)
Post #: 4
RE: Cannot connect to VM through SSP - 30.Aug.2014 7:28:03 AM   
sky2op

good post

http://fastestwaytoloseweights.com/

(in reply to tjmoss69)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> General >> Cannot connect to VM through SSP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!