• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How To Expand Existing SCVMM Hard Drive?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> Storage Management >> How To Expand Existing SCVMM Hard Drive? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How To Expand Existing SCVMM Hard Drive? - 21.Mar.2010 1:05:56 PM   
kstephenson

I tought this would be simple to do or a common question but I can't find an answer on here or any VMM site. I did a P2V to SCVMM and now it is running out of size on one of its converted drives. It took the old physical size of 40GB and I need to expand it. This is not the system (C) drive. I know how to expand it in windows I just can't figure out how to get VMM to expand it from the (virtual) physical side first.

Thanks,

Kevin
Muscle Shoals, AL
Post #: 1
RE: How To Expand Existing SCVMM Hard Drive? - 27.Jan.2011 12:22:18 PM   
Scott Lowe

Kevin,

I'm assuming that the SCVMM server is running under Hyper-V 2008 R2 as a virtual machine. If that's not the case, let me know and I'll revise.

• You first need to shut down the SCVMM virtual machine and then open the Hyper-V Manager
  • Next, open the properties for the VM that holds SCVMM.
  • Select the virtual hard disk that corresponds to the virtual machine disk you'd like to expand
  • Click the Edit button to start the Edit Virtual Hard Disk Wizard
  • Choose the Expand option
  • Provide a new size for the disk
  • Click Finish
  • Start the virtual machine and then extend the partition in Windows.

Does this help?

Scott

(in reply to kstephenson)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> Storage Management >> How To Expand Existing SCVMM Hard Drive? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!