How can we use virtual machine from both Laptop & Desktop? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General Virtualization Topics] >> Server Virtualization

mountainman -> How can we use virtual machine from both Laptop & Desktop? (27.Jan.2012 9:58:30 AM)

Hi All,

We are having a work station (with VMware version 8.0.1 for around 20 virtual machines). We want to be able to use any virtual machine from both Laptop & Desktop (which contains OS Windows & Linux and both are dual booted machines), without worrying about the OS being used. However, when we are developing with our Windows 7 Desktop, we are unable to utilize the virtual machines that reside on my DAS, since it was all partitioned with ext3. So, we thought to purchase a NAS device to fix this problem. But we are still unclear how it works and want to keep the costs as limited as possible 

Scott Lowe -> RE: How can we use virtual machine from both Laptop & Desktop? (28.Jan.2012 6:08:19 PM)

Are you saying that you'd like users to be able to pick from a menu of virtual machines so that the users can pick the one they need? Or, are you saying that you're having some trouble with users using a particular virtual machine?

Scott

mountainman -> RE: How can we use virtual machine from both Laptop & Desktop? (9.Feb.2012 7:56:34 AM)

Hi Scott what i mean here is, i am having trouble with users using a particular virtual machine.

Page: [1]