• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Lab environment

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> General >> Lab environment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lab environment - 17.Feb.2012 12:04:44 PM   
skully58

We want to setup a hyper-v cluster for our students, is it possible to configure a lab or pod where a student logs into that folder/lab/pod and then has access to his or her VM's.

if so how will they access that environment through System Center Virtual Machine Manager or RDP?
Post #: 1
RE: Lab environment - 19.Feb.2012 12:26:14 PM   
Scott Lowe

Skully,

Are you able to configure remote access and logins inside each virtual machine to allow only the appropriate students access to those virtual machines?

That said, what you are looking to accomplish should be possible with VMM: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd548291.aspx

Scott

(in reply to skully58)
Post #: 2
RE: Lab environment - 20.Feb.2012 10:32:58 AM   
skully58

Scott, thanks for replying.

I haven't configured anything yet, but I just downloaded scvmm 2010 RC and it has an option to create private clouds, so I'm hoping that that in each cloud I create for the students they will have access to there 2 or 3 VM's they are using for training. Have you seen the new scvmm 2010 yet?

Skully

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 3
RE: Lab environment - 24.Feb.2012 2:08:19 AM   
Scott Lowe

Skully,

Only in an early beta. I plan to get to SCVMM, but I've been focused on the new SCCM and SCOM due to other projects I have going. The new SCVMM does look very good, though. I'd love it if you might come back and let me know how it goes for you.

Scott

(in reply to skully58)
Post #: 4
RE: Lab environment - 27.May2012 8:20:01 PM   
Scott Lowe

I've been playing more with VMM 2012. I think it would be a good fit in your scenario. Have you looked at it at all yet?

Scott

(in reply to skully58)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Virtualization] >> General >> Lab environment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!