• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ESXi install into Asus P5Q Premium Help

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> General >> ESXi install into Asus P5Q Premium Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ESXi install into Asus P5Q Premium Help - 8.Jul.2010 12:08:37 PM   
Roger

Hi All,

This is my first time installing vmware esxi into PC .
For educational purposes I would like to set up an esxi 4.0 system into a homemade desktop PC with Asus M/B P5Q Premium/ Dual core CPU 3GB LGA 775 Socket Intel P45/ICH10R /8GB RAM/1TX2 HDD without any luck due to HCL compatibility issue ...which also shows that can be install in Asus P5QD which has the same chip set like Asus P5Q Premium...
After reading quite a few working whitebox configs I am more confused than before.
Some report that NIC doesn't work, some can't run RAID configurations...some report that cannot be install in this M/B...
Could someone enlighten me and help me out here to install the ESXi 4 into my Desktop PC if not, which alternatives could you suggest?

Also the Asus P5Q Premium has : Quad Gigabit LAN controllers MARVELL 88E8056 Gigabit LAN Controllers featuring AI NET2 and Teaming function.

Some suggest that I need to add the NIC or equivalent to oem.tgz but no luck so far.

Thank you very much in advance,
Post #: 1
RE: ESXi install into Asus P5Q Premium Help - 8.Jul.2010 12:24:08 PM   
`ariel

Can you please post the HCL site that your are comparing to get all that info?

(in reply to Roger)
Post #: 2
RE: ESXi install into Asus P5Q Premium Help - 8.Jul.2010 1:06:39 PM   
Roger

Ariel,

Thanks for quick reply and for your help.

Here is the link you requested.

http://www.vm-help.com//esx40i/esx40_whitebox_HCL.php#NICs

Thanks ,

Roger

(in reply to `ariel)
Post #: 3
RE: ESXi install into Asus P5Q Premium Help - 9.Jul.2010 6:55:02 PM   
`ariel

A friend have the same MB and cant even install ESXi, we look at the web and some people where able to install ESXi but we don't. Looks like some models have problems with the SATA/Ethernet.

(in reply to Roger)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> General >> ESXi install into Asus P5Q Premium Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!