• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Is VMworld 2010 worth it?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> Training & Certification >> Is VMworld 2010 worth it? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is VMworld 2010 worth it? - 25.Aug.2010 12:41:15 PM   
Noghri_ViR

So I'm looking at going to VMworld 2010 and the feedback I got from a coworker was that he didn't like VMworld in 2009. He said that he didn't like that you needed to pre-register for the sessions (which I heard they fixed for this year) and he didn't like the way the labs were set up where you had to share with people.

I think our learning styles are a little different so I wanted to ask here, has anyone here been and if so what did you think of it? Was it valuable enough for you to go back to? Is there a better alternative out there?
Post #: 1
RE: Is VMworld 2010 worth it? - 30.Aug.2010 3:19:30 AM   
Scott Lowe

This is my first time attending VMworld, so I have no background other than what I've experienced so far and what I've experienced at other conferences.

VMworld is HUGE. Something like 13,000 people. The education sessions are just the tip of the iceberg. At all of these kinds of events, I meet so many people with whom I build relationships that can often be more helpful than some of the conference content itself.

Obviously, if the conference is terrible, there's no point in attending, but this one is huge.

After I get done with VMworld, I'll report back with my thoughts on whether or not I plan to attend VMworld 2011.

Scott

(in reply to Noghri_ViR)
Post #: 2
RE: Is VMworld 2010 worth it? - 1.Sep.2010 4:56:05 AM   
Scott Lowe

If you're able to attend in 2011, VMworld is absolutely worth the investment. The sessions are in depth and provided by true experts, the energy is through the roof, the networking opportunities are incredible and there are vendors in attendance providing solutions for, well, everything.

I will definitely be attending again in 2011.

Scott

(in reply to Noghri_ViR)
Post #: 3
RE: Is VMworld 2010 worth it? - 2.Sep.2010 10:28:23 AM   
`ariel

I'm starting to plan that trip!!!! i just missed this year because there were other plans but that have changed and i`m looking forward to go to VMware the next year..

Ariel Antigua
http://arielantigua.com/weblog/
http://twitter.com/aantigua

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 4
RE: Is VMworld 2010 worth it? - 3.Sep.2010 9:37:35 PM   
Scott Lowe

Ariel -

I'm definitely doing the 2011 VMworld as well. We should get together.

Scott

(in reply to `ariel)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> Training & Certification >> Is VMworld 2010 worth it? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!