• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

PCoIP & Flash

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> VDI >> PCoIP & Flash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PCoIP & Flash - 15.Sep.2010 11:30:03 PM   
Scott Lowe

Hi, all -

What kind of success have you folks out there had with PCoIP and Flash? I've tested Wyse TCX, HP RGS and now PCoIP and all seem to have their shortcomings when it comes to multimedia redirection and/or handling or Flash. I've been testing an Samsung NC240 Teradici-based terminal with PCoIP. The video is smooth and looks great. The audio is smooth and sounds great.

But it's out of sync. The audio and video aren't quite aligned and it's definitely enough to be noticeable.

I'm struggling with what this means for us. As a college, if we want to use this for lab replacement or instructor stations, good quality multimedia is pretty necessary which might mean just sticking with fat clients. On the other hand, perhaps staff desktops should be our primary target, although it seems like we lose massive opportunity by ignoring labs.

Other than Flash, PCoIP was impressive. VERY smooth and other than the Flash sync issue, you couldn't tell it was remote. 100 Mbps network connection. Good stuff.

Anyone have thoughts on the whole Flash issue?

Scott
Post #: 1
RE: PCoIP & Flash - 7.Oct.2010 1:47:39 AM   
Scott Lowe

All -

I wanted to provide you with an update. Teradici ran across this message posting and contacted me about our Flash audio/video synchronization problem. The company provided me with a driver update, but that was unsuccessful. They have indicated that they are aware of this issue for a subset of their customers and are actively pursuing a solution.

Once I have a solution in-hand, I'll report back!

Scott

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 2
RE: PCoIP & Flash - 27.Oct.2010 9:08:03 PM   
Scott Lowe

Good news, everybody!

Late last week, Teradici supplied me with new firmware and a new audio driver. I'm not sure if these new software pieces are yet generally available, so contact Teradici support if you need them.

My problem was that audio and video were about 1 second or so out of sync. It doesn't sound that serious, but it would have been a tough sell in a general rollout.

The new software almost 100% fixed the problem. It's not PERFECT, but it's so close that I'm declaring victory on this particular issue.

Scott

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> VDI >> PCoIP & Flash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!