• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have access to sessions!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> Training & Certification >> Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have access to sessions! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have acc... - 30.Nov.2010 11:44:51 PM   
Scott Lowe

If you attended VMworld, don't forget that you have online access to a whole lot of sessions that you may not have had time to attend in person. VMware makes presentations available to attendees after the fact. Personally, I love this; there was no way I would have been able to attend everything I wanted to. Now, I can just attend when I have the time and catch up.

Scott
Post #: 1
RE: Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have... - 19.Dec.2010 8:47:13 PM   
`ariel

I wish access to those resources, looks great... just watched a few free of them. 

Ariel Antigua
http://arielantigua.com/weblog/
http://twitter.com/aantigua

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 2
RE: Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have... - 30.Dec.2010 4:17:33 AM   
Scott Lowe

Ariel,

Did you look into getting a VMworld 2010 subscription which would give you full access to all of the resources? I think the cost is $699. http://www.vmworld.com/community/subscription/

It's quite a bit less than what it would have cost to attend and would probably give you a lot of good information.

Scott

(in reply to `ariel)
Post #: 3
RE: Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have... - 8.Dec.2011 3:14:14 PM   
atc

Now there is the VMUG Advantage that we can use. I think the price is also around $700.

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 4
RE: Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have... - 8.Dec.2011 11:19:15 PM   
Scott Lowe

quote:

VMUG Advantage

Yeah... but it still only gives a $100 discount to VMworld and VMware still doesn't have something like TechNet... they really need to get that going!

Scott

(in reply to atc)
Post #: 5
RE: Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have... - 9.Dec.2011 1:06:28 PM   
atc

With VMUG advantage, we can get training from VMware mylearn web site.  I don't know how much training is available at the VMware mylearn website.

Yeah, the VMworld presentation are very in depth discussion of a specific topic.

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 6
RE: Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have... - 9.Dec.2011 1:07:39 PM   
atc

Oh forgot to comment.

Some of the "old" VMWorld presentations are free.  Newbie like me can benefit from those free presentation.

:)

(in reply to atc)
Post #: 7
RE: Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have... - 1.Feb.2012 1:37:15 AM   
Scott Lowe

atc -

Do you think your company will be able to send you to VMworld this year? What other resources are you using to learn?

Scott

(in reply to atc)
Post #: 8
RE: Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have... - 1.Feb.2012 10:45:19 AM   
atc

No such luck that my company is sending me to VMworld. :(

I also sign up for the VMware forum to see different problems that other people posted and how they are being solved.

Internet is my other resource but it is confusing.  If you search for a subject it did not say if they are for ESX 3, vSphere 4 or vSphere 5.  Thing changed in different versions.

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> Training & Certification >> Did you attend VMworld? Don't forget that you have access to sessions! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!