• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Refurbished servers - worth it for you?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General Virtualization Topics] >> Supporting Infrastructure >> Refurbished servers - worth it for you? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Refurbished servers - worth it for you? - 30.Apr.2011 4:23:29 PM   
Scott Lowe

I make liberal use of refurbished Dell PowerEdge blade servers and get tremendous discounts for very well-equipped systems with twelve processor cores, 96 GB RAM and more.  These systems carry the same warranty as new ones and, so far (and after ten years of buying like this), I have yet to be disappointed.

Do any of you use refurbished hardware as a cost savings measure?  Have you had good luck?
Post #: 1
RE: Refurbished servers - worth it for you? - 7.Jul.2011 9:18:24 AM   
georgec

Back in the day, I used to get some refurbished high-end PowerEdges and could not complain however, I don't recall that they had the same warranty conditions as new ones!

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 2
RE: Refurbished servers - worth it for you? - 28.Jul.2011 12:09:01 AM   
Scott Lowe

George,

When you buy a Dell refurb'd server now, you get an 8x5xNBD 3 year warranty that you can uplift to any of Dell's other warranty products, such as 24x7, etc. It's a pretty nice arrangement.

Scott

(in reply to georgec)
Post #: 3
RE: Refurbished servers - worth it for you? - 14.Oct.2011 12:04:52 AM   
kathiny

Refurbished computers (direct from the company) should be just as good as a new computer. They have the same warranties, etc. There may be scratches on the casing or they have had components replaced. Just make sure that the computer still meets the specifications that you need.

See this article gave me great feeling, it is worth to study, if you have time can also see my articles, thank you!
ip network camera

(in reply to Scott Lowe)
Post #: 4
RE: Refurbished servers - worth it for you? - 28.Oct.2011 12:06:43 AM   
Scott Lowe

Good point; if anything's changed radically, it could create problems.

Scott

(in reply to kathiny)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [General Virtualization Topics] >> Supporting Infrastructure >> Refurbished servers - worth it for you? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!