Test FailOver Clustering on Virtualized Environment (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General Virtualization Topics] >> General

samyr -> Test FailOver Clustering on Virtualized Environment (6.Jun.2011 8:44:33 AM)

Hi All,

Could you confirm that is possible to test a failover clustering in an Hyper V environment. If possible someone make a tutorial for that.
The aim is to test (Cloud, VDI ...) but i have only one computer.

Thanks a lot !!

Scott Lowe -> RE: Test FailOver Clustering on Virtualized Environment (11.Jun.2011 4:27:18 PM)

Without a way to run Hyper-V in two instances on a single machine, I'm not sure how you would go about testing failover clustering with a single machine since there is nothing to which to failover. To the best of my knowledge, none of the current hypervisor products available for purchase or free download pass hardware virtualization extensions through to hosted virtual machines, making it impossible to run Hyper-V on a guest machine.

Scott

georgec -> RE: Test FailOver Clustering on Virtualized Environment (15.Jun.2011 1:20:46 PM)

I suggest you read this article - http://www.virtualizationadmin.com/articles-tutorials/general-virtualization-articles/setting-up-failover-clustering-hyper-v-part1.html
There's some interesting info about hardware planning when building a failover cluster.

victorazrak -> RE: Test FailOver Clustering on Virtualized Environment (4.Apr.2015 9:04:47 PM)

Hey george thanks for the link! i wanted to know the same thing and the info on the shit helped me.. good job

Page: [1]