• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

vCenter Server Performance Graphs only show real time data

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> General >> vCenter Server Performance Graphs only show real time data Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
vCenter Server Performance Graphs only show real time data - 23.Nov.2011 8:53:42 PM   
yehit

This issue occurs if the vCenter Server's database is migrated and the load_stats_proc_mssql.sql or load_stats_proc_oracle.sql stored procedures are missing after the migration.

To determine if data is being collected and stored in the database:
1.Connect to the database and run these SQL statements:

select count (*) from vpx_hist_stat1
select count (*) from vpx_sample_time1

2.If there is zero data returned, then no data is being loaded into the database. You have to recreate the load_stats_proc stored procedure. For more information, see VirtualCenter 2.5 database upgrade fails (1009950).
3.When you recreate the stored procedure, follow the steps for MS SQL or Oracle.

To resolve this issue for MS SQL:
1.Copy the file C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VirtualCenter Server\load_stats_proc_mssql.sql to the server which hosts the vCenter Server database from the vCenter Server.
2.Open up SQL Enterprise Manager and enter the appropriate credentials to gain access to SQL.
3.Click File > Open > File.
4.Select the load_stats_proc_mssql.sql file.
5.Click OK.

Note: If prompted, enter the appropriate username and password.

6.Ensure that the selected database in the Available Database dropdown menu is the vCenter Server database and not Master.
7.Click Execute. If the job is created successfully, a message saying Command(s) Completed successfully displays.
8.Click the Refresh button on the Object Explorer.

To resolve this issue for Oracle:
Copy the file C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VirtualCenter Server\load_stats_proc_oracle.sql to the server which hosts the vCenter Server database from the vCenter Server.

Open SQL Plus.

Click File > Open > File.

Select the load_stats_proc_oracle.sql file.

Click OK.

Ensure that the vCenter Database is selected.

Click Execute Query. If the job is updated successfully, a message confirming the procedure update displays.

When the stored procedure is created, allow 30 minutes for vCenter Server to collect data and then verify if the performance data is available for the past day.

Note: To verify if the data is now being collected, wait for 5 minutes after you create the stored procedure and then run this SQL statement on the vCenter Server database:

select count (*) from vpx_hist_stat1

jeffrey
Post #: 1
RE: vCenter Server Performance Graphs only show real ti... - 22.Feb.2012 6:38:32 AM   
mountainman

quote:

vCenter Server Performance

As I know that, the VMware v-center server allows us to manage all levels of a VMware vSphere deployment from datacenters to clusters and individual VMs.

Dell Virtualization is used to centralize administrative tasks, improve scalability and work loads. Dell Server Virtualization | Dell cloud storage

(in reply to yehit)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> General >> vCenter Server Performance Graphs only show real time data Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!