• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Virtualization Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

vSphere Alarms and SNMP Traps

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> General >> vSphere Alarms and SNMP Traps Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
vSphere Alarms and SNMP Traps - 24.Jun.2010 1:54:37 PM   
Csigadel

I am looking at setting up vSphere to send SNMP traps to our event management system. The traps are flowing, and we are working on properly interpeting the information. It seems that most of the useful information is contained in one field that must be unstrung. One of the traps we've seen is the MigrationErrorAlarm, whos value in this particular case is:

alarm.MigrationErrorAlarm - Event: Cannot migrate VM (245745)

It seems that the number in parenthesis should be an error code, but I have not been able to locate a reference. Can anybody shed any light on it's significance?

< Message edited by Csigadel -- 24.Jun.2010 1:55:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: vSphere Alarms and SNMP Traps - 13.Aug.2010 9:50:08 AM   
Csigadel

We've been watching the alarms that are generated for "Cannot Migrate VM". It appears that the number in parenthesis at the end of the message is an incident number, and is not an error code.

(in reply to Csigadel)
Post #: 2
RE: vSphere Alarms and SNMP Traps - 13.Aug.2010 9:56:04 AM   
Csigadel

We are still learning about vSphere's capabilities to generate traps.
Currently our system is only generating "red" traps for "alerts" and "gray" traps for Migration error alarms.
We are not generating any "yellow" traps for "Warnings" or "green" traps for when a "warning" or "alert" condition clears.

Does anyone know whether vSPhere can generate warning and clearing traps?

(in reply to Csigadel)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [VMware Virtualization] >> General >> vSphere Alarms and SNMP Traps Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Receive all the latest articles by email!

Receive Real-Time & Monthly VirtualizationAdmin.com article updates in your mailbox. Enter your email below!

Become a VirtualizationAdmin.com member!

Discuss all your Virtualization issues with thousands of other experts. Click here to join!